These classes will resume on Sunday 17th January 2021
Salsa dancing is the core of Latin dancing, it’s usually the first passion in your Latin dance journey.
We love it because it makes us feel good, feeds our soul and brings happiness into our lives.
Salsa is the world’s most popular Latin dance. It is loved because of it’s music, it’s origins and it’s many dance styles.
Salsa refers to a fusion of informal dance styles having roots in the Caribbean (especially in Cuba and Puerto Rico), Latin and North America.
SALSA FIRST TIMERS:
(Suggested duration 6 weeks)
This class breaks down the rhythm and timing, basic footwork variations and leading/following fundamentals, with basic turn patterns at a slow pace.
This class can also be used as a revision or warm-up for the beginner class.
No experience required.
SALSA BEGINNER LEVEL:
(Suggested duration 3 months)
This level is not for first time Salsa students, to enter this level you must have previously completed at least 4-6 lessons in Salsa.
With an emphasis on timing and more leading and following techniques, this is a faster-paced class with weekly easy to learn moves.
Requirement: First Timer level or understanding of Basic footwork, timing & turn patterns.
Once you are ready to move up to the Intermediate level, we offer Intermediate at the Night Cat on Sundays.
Due to covid-19 restrictions, we can only have 34 people in the main studio at any given time.
- Sanitising on arrival and during class.
- QR registration upon arrival
- BYO water
- You may wear a mask if you choose to do so
- Do not attend if you are feeling unwell or a member of your household is unwell.
• Save $$$ with a Dance card, visit our BUY ON-LINE page.
• Our classes are structured so that you can start at any time throughout the year and you can come & go as you please.
• No partner or bookings required.
• The dress code is smart/casual.
• Ideal footwear for ladies- a medium to high heel.
• Ideal footwear for men – leather or hard rubber sole shoe.
• Classes are subject to change without notice.
$20 FOR ONE CLASS
OR $35 FOR TWO CLASSES ON THE SAME EVENING
CASH or EFT-POS
MS Dance cards can be used at these classes.
NO BOOKINGS REQUIRED
JUST TURN UP!
COLLINGWOOD - SUNDAYS
MELBOURNE SALSA DANCE STUDIO
LEVEL 1, 326 SMITH STREET, COLLINGWOOD
Rear Entrance via Lane way off Bedford street, adjacent to Smith Street
For more information call 95312023
To get directions to this location please visit our find us page